Read next Projects
National Grain StorageIZDEHAR | Palestine Prosperity Investment & Development|2021-04-29 17:00:23
- Current Grain storage capacity for private sector is sufficient for 3 weeks.
- Palestine import around $250M of grains annually:
- 400K ton Wheat.
- Livestock consumption of around 280K ton.
- 30 silos project with 120K ton capacity is proposed by IZDEHAR in nearby Tarkumya crossing as the nearest to Ashdod port:
- 80K ton as national security level and
- 40K ton monthly consumption.
Project Key Activities
- Creating a viable sustainable business model for trade and food security.
- Partner with PA to establish a legal framework for National Food Security.
- Strengthen & enhance PPP cooperation.
- PA to facilitate financial guarantee to import grain.
- Establish National Food Security.
- Reducing basic food cost and impacting the livelihood of Palestine’s households.
- Strengthening Agri-Business and Food Processing sectors.
- Create an enabling environment for local grain production and storage.
- Job creation (60 direct positions and 100’s indirect).
- Enhance GDP contribution by $30M.
Completion by 2022
Investment of US$ 50m
Equity IRR: 17%
25% Equity / 75% Debt